Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. Its a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by 2025 delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
You will join the R&D Hardware group Patient Handling & Cooling/Infra. You will design and develop hardware of MR products for hospitals. Together with our System Architect and the Systems Engineering department, you will take products from concept through design into production using DfX (FMEA,DFMA etc) approaches to meet the needs of our customers and their demanding environment.
Your daily work.
As an Electrical Engineer you are responsible for the design, realization (schematics, drawings and documents), integration and test of sub-systems, components or modules on the basis of design specifications in accordance with the functional specifications. As we do not want to harm people with our MR systems, which can be very dangerous when malfunctioning, predictability, reliability and traceability of our design is essential. Thus, documentation and the documentation process play an important role in our development.
You will be part of the Business Unit, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) within Philips Healthcare. The Business Unit MRI is responsible for marketing, product development and life cycle management of 1.5T and 3T High end and Mid-range performance. In the MR Development group you will be part of the Hardware Research & Development group Patient Handling & Cooling/Infra. This group consists of roughly 15 mechanical/electrical engineers. You will work together with several other groups in-house as well as abroad. As you will experience, Philips is a large and international organization.
It is all about your attitude and behavior. The right mindset, communication skills and behavior will get you the results we need and will ensure your own growth within Philips MR.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
• Master (starter = OK) or Bachelor Degree in Electrical engineering (3+ years of experience).
• Experience in power electronics, RF, signal behavior, EMC, crosstalk, connectivity (components/wiring), cabinets.
• Affinity with mechanical design of cables, thermal behavior is a plus
• MS Office expert: perfect in Excel
• Be expert user in version control of TPD.
• Experience in Transfer of data to and from relevant suppliers, including Engineering change and End-of-Life issues
• Knowledge of FDA and IEC Standards is a plus
• Disciplined team worker, ability to work independently
• Ability to present ideas and to convince project team members
• Be structured and self-organized
• Positive can do attitude
• Team player, drive for results
• Quality mindset in analysis and documentation
• Global mindset
• Excellent communication, calling instead of emailing and speak/write fluently English