RGN-It is the IT department of Randstad Holding.
What’s the first thing you think about when you hear Randstad Group IT? It probably isn’t the exciting tech department that keeps the country moving in many ways, yet that’s exactly what they do at RGN IT. The solutions they build, develop and code connect thousands of workers to employers and help to make sure the right people are at the right place at the right time. Making sure your luggage gets on the plane and your takeaway into your kitchen.
With tech & touch as a core belief, they aim to provide the best basis for their consultants and clients to make decisions and shape the world of work. A vital part of this is continuing their efforts to be data-driven. Randstad, Yacht, and Tempo-Team possess an enormous quantity of data: the characteristics of millions of candidates and business data on clients, potentials and their own organization. Your team, DataHub, is responsible for providing the basis for our data infrastructure. Their data engineers work on a self-service data platform, making sure our data makes its way from a vast array of sources to the right place, enabling our Data Scientists and Operational Insights teams to for example build AI solutions.
What will you be doing?
As a Data Engineer you will be a vital part of designing and developing their cloud-based data platform. Together with the rest of the team, you will be involved in the full product development process, from design and implementation to testing, documentation and automated deployment.
· Building and managing the DataHub frontend, including a data catalog, DataHub users and project management, data subscriptions and more
· Developing ways to improve self-service data consumption and data publishing including building and managing ETL pipelines in Airflow (responsible for ingesting the data and making it available to users), developing standard ways to deliver data in the DataHub, developing CI/CD pipelines and more
· Producing high-quality code and reusable components
· Using containerization, CI/CD and other automation technologies, you will be responsible for creating a backend for high availability and scalability, while at the same time being easily deployable, manageable and secure
· A senior role includes taking on a guiding role within the team and setting up coding standards and guidelines
What is their Stack?
· ECS, Docker
· CloudFormation, Jenkins
· AWS (S3, EC2, ECS, lambda, RDS, Redshift, EMR Spark, Athena, Glue)
So what would RGN-IT like you to know and bring to the table?
· Their small, agile teams are just that: agile. You should be able to adapt to a variety of challenges and like quick feedback loops.
· Experience working in their tech stack, including Python, Linux, AWS cloud, Jenkins and GIT
· Experience with scripting/automation of tasks
· Experience with common DevOps and CI/CD practices to make your own work as easy as possible and guarantee the quality of their products
· Be comfortable working in test-driven development and know what this means
· Like working in a team, but take responsibility for your own tasks
· If you really want to impress them, you can do so by having experience in containerization platforms like ECS, EKS, and Docker; Redshift; AWS serverless services (Lambda, API GW, SNS); SQL databases; Django; Airflow
What does RGN-IT offer?
· Plenty of training and development opportunities within the group. A significant share of their employees has held several roles in their years in the business, with RGN giving you the tools you need to challenge and develop yourself.
· 8,5% holiday allowance
· a generous monthly benefit budget on top of your salary and holiday pay that you can choose to spend on extra time off, perks such as a bike, tablet, gym subscription or simply get paid out.
· 25 days holiday with the option to buy an additional 25 days off
· a generous sabbatical program
· a good mobility scheme, laptop and everything you need to perform your job well
· an attractive bonus scheme and the option to earn an outperformance bonus twice per year