Inside Sales is a pivotal commercial indoor customer facing sales role where you will be mainly responsible for both driving results in an assigned customer portfolio and supporting the commercial team’s selling efforts. You will have direct customer commercial responsibility for a selected group of customers.
The main aim of the role is to support the sales team to achieve goals through the provision of telephone-based selling and relationship management activities as well as to drive activities leading to business development. You will be working the quotations out and presenting them to the customers as well as following up on the outcome.
If you agree that working in a service industry means you excel at the offering service - you are a half way in.
If you are a person that gets motivated by speaking to customers as well as is willing to offer them good solutions, while ensuring biggest possible profit - you are the person we are looking for.
If you like working in a group of likeminded motivated sales freaks - this is the job for you!
• Delivering revenue and gross profit targets from assigned small and medium size clients, being engaged in commercial activities, including provision of rates, direct selling and relationship management activities.
• Driving and administrating sales activities for big size clients, performing Inside Sales hunting activities and assigning potential clients to Outside Sales Representatives.
• Ensuring sales opportunities are allocated properly within the team.
• Ensuring Damco’s profit as well as client satisfaction are maximised.
• Being a trusted advisor on all airfreight related topics to our global network.
• Managing system activities, supporting other Sales Representatives.
The ideal candidate is a driven fast learner who enjoys challenges and has strong commercial mind, has excellent communication skills and genuinely appreciates the interaction with other people and is able to keep a cool head and a client centric approach while getting things done.
• Extensive experience in Air Freight Forwarding
• Commercial knowledge of Air Freight pricing in the Benelux market
• 3 years + in an organisation engaged in international trade, international business, ideally in a role that requires Inside Sales and administrative activities
• Business development experience
• Fluency in both English and Dutch.
We would expect that you are able to take on multiple tasks with a sense of urgency and strive to deliver excellence in the details. We value the ability to identify improvement areas, taking actions and implementing appropriate solutions.
We would expect that you are a strong team player able to prioritize workload in order to meet all required deadlines, while being able to work independently. We would appreciate an open mindset, strong analytical skills, detail orientation and strong customer satisfaction focus.
What we offer:
Working at Damco Freight Forwarding brings a unique blend of being a part of an exuberant, enthusiastic and fast-paced logistics company. You will have the opportunity to be exposed to various fields of expertise what will accelerate your personal and professional development. We encourage our employees to learn, to take risks, and to grow their careers not only with us but also other Maersk companies.
A career at Damco Freight Forwarding means working in a culturally diverse, performance stimulating environment. You’ll be part of a rich heritage and a youthful and exuberant logistics company that aims to be an inspiring and challenging place to work. We believe that a successful career includes a variety of experiences that stretch you, take you out of your comfort zone and offer you an opportunity to grow in ways that also build your business. It is up to you to you use this opportunity for your professional and personal development and to build a career within a stimulating environment with a lot of future international career opportunities across a world class organization.
Additionally, you can expect competitive annual wages and 29 days of annual leave, collective health insurance, pension plan, (public) transportation allowance, continuous professional and personal development, free use of an internal game hall with table tennis, pool table and fresh fruit every day in the office.